Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chilean Dictionary

I'm still here. Still thinking about all y'all who might be reading this. Still putting off posting about the new apartment. Rest assured it's coming along though.

I've may have mentioned (or at least I meant to mention) that the language here is very different from what one would typically call "Spanish." Chilean is a whole 'nother animal. Thus I've decided to start a series of posts dedicated to keeping track of the Chilean lexicon; more for me than for you all, because the amount of new vocabulary is getting extensive and I need somewhere I can write it down and revisit it. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy my selfish endeavor in turning this public forum into my personal dictionary!

Entry #1: tener la caƱa
(pron. ten-air la can-ya)
*def. to be/ to have a hangover

Disclaimer: I did not learn this from personal experience. I learned it from one of my housemate's personal experience. Repeat! from my housemate's experience. I have been very good lately (Hi parents!)

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment