Sunday, April 8, 2012

How i spent my easter

Today was a tough day for me as far as missing my familiars (that'd be you all). Easter is not a particularly grand occasion in my house (Passover is!), but here it is a big family holiday given how Catholic the nation is. I was a little down in the dumps about how suddenly apparent the distance between me and my most beloved ones became.

In an effort not to wallow I did what any fatty/ martha stewart wannabe would do...I cooked.



Actually I blanched. I blanched the livin' daylights out of a bunch of orange rinds and turned them into beautiful candied orange peel slices รก la my beloved place of employment Ici Ice Cream. If you've never been there, or you haven't been in the past 48 hours (#thetakids), you should go and pick up a bag of this stuff. You didn't know rind could taste this good, trust.

Also candied orange peel comes with the lovely byproduct of orange syrup, great for sweetening plain yogurt, or tea.



Happy Easter / Passover everyone!
I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Marge! We miss you too, and we wish we had some candied orange peel and orange syrup. Love ya. Daddo

    ReplyDelete